Home
Worship

News & Events
Faith Formation

Parish Ministries
Organizations
Youth Ministry
Prayer Garden
RCIA
Scripture Study
Cemetery
History
Photos
Contact Us / Forms

 

Our Lady of the Lake Prayer Garden

 

                 

 

Download Prayer Garden Brochure (PDF)

  Our Prayer Garden is dedicated to Our Lady of the Lake. It consists of handicap accessible parking to the Church, Chapel and rectory office.  The walkways and central area have been designated as a gathering space for prayer, meditation, meetings, or just a quiet space to spend some time.  The garden has a granite altar with the parish motto inscribed on front, and four granite benches.

   The garden has four circular sections with benches and 30” granite medallions.

   Our Lady’s statue was relocated to a prominent place in the garden to provide an appropriate reverence.  This statue, donated by Dr. and Mrs. Walter F. King in 1955, was originally part of  our St. Peter’s Chapel on Old Lake Shore Road (near Lake Street), built in 1938.

         With the sale of the property and the demolition of the Chapel, the statue was moved to the grounds of our Church and was blessed by Bishop Edward D. Head in 1991.  Our Lady of the Lake was recently placed on a new, black granite pedestal inscribed with donors’ names and is featured with a fountain of flowing water.

Bricks, medallions, pedestal inscriptions and benches are available for memorial donations.  See the brochure for more information.

Home Page