Most Precious Blood Parish was founded in 1871. The Reverend Thomas
Carraher came to Angola in 1874 as pastor and purchased a lot on the
corner of Route 20 and Brant-Angola Roads for a parish cemetery.
Previously all Catholic funerals went to Dunkirk for burial. This
“original” cemetery is now called “Section A”, located to the right
of Route 20 and to the left of the first roadway. The first known
burial in Holy Cross Cemetery was for Dennis Graeney on March 7,
1879. Additional adjacent property was purchased and dedicated in
1904 by Reverend Richard T. Burke, doubling the size of the original
area. This is now called “Section B”. Additional property to
include Sections “C, D and E” was purchased from the Privitera
Family in January, 1958.